Since the crisis of 2008, the risk function within financial institutions has changed profoundly. While in the mid-2000s it was only a middle office entity, today, under the impetus of the regulator, it is a fully-fledged “division” fully invested in the investment decision process.
i-Fihn Consulting’s historical core business, Risk Management, is an activity that brings together consultants with experience in the Risk Departments of the largest financial institutions on the market.
Our employees are able to understand the expectations and tactical and strategic issues of our clients for the different types of risks: Market Risk, Counterparty/Credit Risk, Operational Risk.
i-Fihn Consulting Support
i-Fihn Consulting works on missions at the interface of operational issues and regulatory changes imposed by the regulator.
i-Fihn Consulting’s offer covers the understanding of regulatory texts, their evolution, the identification of the impact in terms of organization, process, Information System and the definition of the necessary evolutions:
- Basel II, Basel II.5, Basel III
- IFRS 32, 39, 7 and 9
- D1 P&L and observability/inobservability of model parameters
- FRTB: NMRF, Internal Model Approach, Quantitative Modeling
Our four poles of intervention work together to provide our clients with a complete offer, a set of skills that, combined, allow us to be a force of proposal and creator of added value.
Our methodological teams, our Risk Management experts and our operational profiles work together on the same missions and allow i-Fihn Consulting to be the legitimate partner in all stages of the project life.
As an example, i-Fihn Consulting is involved in the implementation of the FRTB standard, on major business subjects:
- Study, Recommendations and Framework Note: macro-costing and definition of project streams
- Business Analyst on the implementation of NMRFs: Non-Modelable Risk Factors,
- Internal Model Approach / IMA
- Project Manager on the implementation of the IMA
- Quantitative Engineer on validation of models developed by R&D